Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Hey Whipple, Squeeze This!
+ Imagine my surprise when I got an email from Luke Sullivan - writer of my all-time favorite advertising book, Hey Whipple Squeeze This! Sadly, I've been bombarded by work and haven't had time to post this - but let's rectify that immediately, while I sit in a status meeting (and listen in on some irrelevant-to-me discussions).
Luke Sullivan is a CD/the group creative head at GSDM in Austin, Texas. Previously, he spent ten years at Minneapolis agency Fallon, five at The Martin Agency, and four as Chief Creative Officer of an agency in Atlanta. He began his career as an understudy of industry icon Tom McElligott and has over 20 medals to his credit in the One Show. His clients have included United Airlines, AT&T, Miller Lite, American Legacy Foundation, and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
His third edition of Hey Whipple, Squeeze This will be in stores the first week of February or so. I suppose this means it's time to leave my first edition, dogeared copy to get dusty on the shelf. ;-)
So, what can you expect in this new edition?
- New case studies and creative work
- A new chapter on thinking big across all media (can't wait to read this!)
- A new chapter on direct-response television. Mr. Sullivan says, "I hope that particular chapter stirs up a lot of whining in that industry because it so sorely needs to be hosed off and de-loused."
- A new forward by Alex Bogusky
- A new cover designed Craig Denham of GSD&M
Get this book at Amazon.com. :)